Anxiety is a mental disorder affecting up to 40 million adult Americans. This is about 18.1% of the U.S population. Canada doesn’t fall far from these statistics. According to the Anxiety Disorders Association of Canada, one in four Canadians will experience at least one anxiety disorder in their lifetime.
Oxford defines anxiety as a sense of worry or fear. It is that tense feeling you have when you are about to do an interview. Or even have some piled up work that you have to catch up with. Anxiety is something we may experience in our everyday busy schedules.
But if we stay anxious for long periods that it interferes with our ability to work is a cause for alarm.
The best approach to overcoming anxiety is by communicating openly with family and friends about the issues in your life. While this may be a permanent and long term solution, some forms of anxiety may need medical care.
And in this article, we will look into CBD edibles as a natural remedy for anxiety.
How Does CBD Help with Anxiety?
CBD, short for Cannabidiol, is a chemical compound extracted from the hemp plant. It’s an all-natural occurring compound. And unlike THC (which is the psychoactive component in weed), CBD is not psychoactive.
CBD oil has a rich collection of chemicals known as cannabinoids. The cannabinoids work together with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in our brain. These receptors thought to interact with CBD are in the central nervous system (CB1) and peripheral nervous system (CB2).
Also, CBD may refine serotonin signals. The medical world associates anxiety and depression with low serotonin levels. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter in the brain that plays a vital role in our mental health.
Why should you consider CBD?
- It’s found naturally in the hemp plant
- It doesn’t cause any feeling of “HIGH” or intoxication
- Research has revealed CBD refines our serotonin signals
Why Buy CBD Weed for Anxiety over Conventional Treatments?
Conventional treatments like Prozac and Zoloft are backed by good research and are effective in helping with low serotonin levels.
But, they don’t provide the natural approach that CBD brings. CBD is an extract from a plant which means lesser side effects. And also may be less addictive compared to pharmaceutical drugs.
Conventional medicine needs a prescription which isn’t a stringent requirement for CBD edibles – this is helpful in an emergency like a panic attack. However, it’s always advisable to talk with your physician before making any changes in your medication.
Why Should You Consider Weed Edibles?
CBD is available in many forms such as tinctures, edibles, and creams. Tinctures and edibles fall in the same bracket as both are consumed orally.
The main difference between these two is the length of time before the CBD takes effect. Tinctures take about 15 minutes while edibles take from 30 minutes to two hours. The metabolism of CBD (edibles) is dependent on the level of activity, your diet, and even our height and weight.
Is an Overdose on Edibles Possible?
There hasn’t been a case of an overdose on CBD edibles, which means you don’t have to worry about consuming too much CBD. However, just like any other medication, it’s advisable to take the prescribed dosage.
Pro tip: Edibles take longer to kick in, don’t consume more than the recommended dosage even when you experience delayed results.
Benefits of Buying CBD Edibles
- Easy dose – Edibles come in a pre-measured dose which eliminates the hustle of using an oil dropper
- Provide lasting relief– The edibles are broken down in the digestive system which takes time. The CBD is therefore utilized by the body progressively over a longer period of time.
- It’s a general remedy – CBD edibles like any other forms of CBD taken orally provide whole-body effects.
- You can make DIY CBD edibles – If you aren’t comfortable purchasing edibles online you can easily make your own CBD edibles at home! Purchase a tincture or isolate powder then look online for some good recipes.
- Discretion– Weed edibles are perfect if you’d like to keep your CBD use ‘under wraps’. This is because to everyone else you’re just consuming a gummy bear for instance.
Types of CBD Edibles Available Online
CBD protein bars – These CBD edibles are a good blend of protein and a healthy dose of CBD. This is a product to soup up Gym lovers before or after a workout. These unique CBD protein bars also come in special packages with raw hemp seeds.
CBD dried fruit –This CBD alternative provides a healthy low sugar treat. CBD dried fruit comes in a variety of fruit options to pick from.
CBD gummies – These are gummy candies infused with CBD. They come in the shapes of rings, fruits, and popular gummy bears. Sugar-free gummies are also available for those who want to cut down on sugar. These types use natural sweeteners like stevia maintaining a healthy vibe.
Other types of weed edibles are chocolate bars, brownies etc.
Where should you Buy CBD Weed Edibles Online in Canada?
CBD cultivation and production is legal in Canada, which means you can easily get weed edibles from online stores.
Ordering your CBD weed online in Canada:
- Brings the convenience of getting your CBD edibles right at your doorstep. Eliminates the disappointment of empty shelves in the local dispensaries. CBD is a fast-moving product and online retailers are your best bet at meeting the constant demand.
- It helps you keep the purchase of CBD edibles discreet.
- It gives you a wide range of brands to choose from.
You can also get weed edibles in Canada from:
- Grocery stores
- Direct from producer’s websites
When looking for the best weed edibles online, consider 3rd party lab testing, CBD concentration, source of hemp as well as the extraction method.
CBD is fast growing in popularity and (from research) is a dependable solution for anxiety. CBD products have a competitive edge over conventional medicine in its effectiveness and functionality. The Cannabidiol can come in the form of edibles which provides many benefits for the user. The deal gets sweeter as the edibles are available in different types to enhance the user’s experience.
And guess what, you can buy weed edibles online anywhere in Canada!